Owning a property is a lucrative investment that many people desire to have in their lifetime. Many people who own real estate desire that their children or close relatives would become the beneficiary of these investments. Once the real estate owner dies, the beneficiaries may have a tough time ahead especially if there are people who want to benefit illegally with this investment. The beneficiaries can however stop this with the help of a Probate Attorney in Gurnee.
What the probate lawyer does
To be on the safe side, the beneficiaries find it a good idea to hire a probate lawyer. The estate lawyer helps the representatives to understand the entire probate process in a detailed way. The estate lawyers do this in line with the probate laws of the state that govern the probating process. The probate lawyers determine their mode of representation depending on whether the estate owner died having written a valid will or not.
What form of assistance will the probate lawyers give you?
* The lawyers locate and secure non-probate and probate assets
* They obtain the date of death values and put together the appraisals of all the properties that belong to the decedent
* Ensure they prepare and file all certificates and documents that the probate court require at the right time
* They advise on how the outstanding debts and final bills of the decedent should be paid
* They regularly check on the accounts of the real estate
* They determine if the estate taxes and inheritance taxes would be due at the state and federal levels, and where the money would come from to clear the tax charges in case they were due
* Handling all issues that relate to your income tax
* Ensuring that they settle disputes that arise among the beneficiaries and personal representatives
* The probate attorney helps you sell the estate in case you want to do so
* Ensuring the beneficiaries obtain valid title deeds that bear their names if the estate is not on sale
The law firm of Charles T. Newland and Associates will competently represent you in the court in case you have issues with estate planning and inheritance. These lawyers protect the rights of your estate and solve estate disputes.